Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time to CREATE!

So one of my newest friends shares the creative spirit with me and I was more than happy to assist her in trying to be creative when I realized that we all need some inspiration from time to time.  I decided to gift her something I had made for Christmas, I just had to come up with what it would be.  I found a picture of some "springy" letters, and decided to make my own.  The word create kept coming to mind, so I used that and painted the letters first.  Then I embellished each one with a different material, and worked on bending some wire for the springs.  I enlisted the help of my husband and he cut the block for mounting and helped me decide what glue to use for the spring joints.  We settled on a two part epoxy and the result turned out amazing.  The only thing I am more proud of than the final outcome is the place it now resides.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment